St. Philomena Catholic Church
We, the Roman Catholic community of St. Philomena, united in our love for God and for one another, through the power of the Holy Spirit, seek to fully understand, embrace and live as God's children and disciples of Jesus Christ.
WELCOME TO ST. PHILOMENA
St. Philomena is a church that is filled with a lot of believers who are constantly involved in a lot of philanthropic activities and spreading the word of God through their actions.
Saturday Vigil: 4:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 AM & 10:00 AM
Ways to get involved
Here are a few of the ways through which you can be blessed and share your blessing with others. Kids and youth
Kids & Youth
Participate in the kids and youth programs which are fun and will also take you a bit close to God and his amazing blessing.
Be a part of our life groups and spread the word of God to people who are not privileged enough to know or hear it.
The older adults can take part in the prayer sessions that we organize and get the blessings and healing from the Almighty.
What We Believe
Our belief in the holy trinity is very rigid. According to the word of God, it is the duty of every believer to spread the word of God so that everyone in this world can enjoy the awesomeness of his blessings. St. Philomena as a church is doing its best to spread the word of God to as many people as possible.
God has never left us empty-handed. He always has blessed people who believe in him and has made huge miracles in their lives. Here are a few.
The Faithfulness of God in Adoption
I found God through my foster parents. I truly believe that they are the angels that God sent to rescue me. Now I am officially their kid as I got adopted b them.
The Grace of God which Saved me from Fear
I was going through a lot because of my fear of various things. But prayer changed my life, and I am able to experience the blessing of God in every moment of my life.
Life out of Darkness
There was a time when nothing was working out in my life. Everything was a failure. But God reached out to me at that time, and now I am in a better place.
Truly Known by God
I didn’t know the purpose of my life. I was running without any focus. By God’s word made realize what I have to do and motivated to do a lot of things.
Prophets like Mohammed & Jesus left us many pearls to live and abide by. When the holy scriptures were revealed to mankind, there arose a need for demonstration of the very edicts they preached. And so to show how to live one’s life the right way came prophets, who were the epitome of the best a man can achieve. These prophets are to be revered and looked upon. Lessons that they preached and left us weren’t for just a specific or contextual period. The positive outcomes of these valuable lessons are usually frowned upon by many, in this age and time. Hence, this is to be taken as the need-of-the-hour and proliferated to engage and compel the astray to get back to the right path. The lessons that the prophets taught us can easily be adapted in this age, too, and can continue to serve us incessantly. Let us have a look at five lessons which can be realised in our lives.
- Love conquers all: “Teacher, which command in God’s Law is the most important?” Jesus said “Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence. This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: Love others as well as you love yourself.” When it is about embracing love, the Bible directs us to three options: Love God. Love your neighbour. Love your enemies. The first step here can be to start praying. Praying isn’t just a physical action that you are supposed to perform in a day. It involves connecting with your creator and communicating with Him.
- Follow the Golden Rule: ‘Ask for your brother what you would also want for yourself.’ This principle is quite easy to live by and compared to how simple this can be, the rewards are huge. The aphorism ‘The good you do will come back to you, the evil you do remains with you.’ has stayed around for quite a while.
- Avoid Imprudence: As tempting [and sometimes helpful] as pointing fingers can be, it is indeed a malevolent practice that needs to be wiped away. No one is perfect, and anyone might fall easy prey to mistakes, which quickly can give you a taste of your own medicine.
- Keep thy word: This is not restricted to a particular situation where you fail to keep a promise, intentionally or unintentionally. But it portrays who you are as a person as it grows into you, & becomes a part of you. Hence, the importance of these virtues is instilled in an individual from a very young age.
- Forgive others: ‘Forgive & Forget’ aren’t so common for nothing. By forgiving those who wrong you gives both the sides a euphoria of immense relief, and takes off the burden off one’s chest.
The above lessons are not religion-specific because these are the rules by which everyone us should abide by, irrespective of religion.
The bible is a series of collections of sacred texts, scriptures, and stories that hold tremendous religious values. They are considered divine inspiration and also record the relationship between god and humans, by Christians, Jews, Samaritans, and Rastafarians. The bible has a massive influence on a plethora of people all around the world, its literature influences them, historical recording or stories of events that took place thousands of years ago, it has also done more to shape the world history than any other work of literature and is unparalleled, and also shows no signs of abating. With an estimated sale total of 5 billion copies, it is widely known to be the most influential and bestselling book on the planet. It can even be found in airplanes, hotels all across America.
Now coming to the topic of salvation, death is caused by sin according to the bible, so, therefore, people who don’t sin have the hope of living forever. Eternal life, in heaven. In other words, you attain “moksha.” To gain salvation, you should exercise faith in the lord and savior Jesus and demonstrate that faith by obeying the commandments and orders. The Bible shows that you should demonstrate the act of obedience, have the works, and prove that your faith is alive. However this does not at all mean that you earn salvation, it is actually a gift from God based on “grace” or “undeserved kindness.” The bible also states that a person can certainly lose out on salvation, just as a person could be saved from drowning could easily be thrown back into the water, a person who was saved from sin but who fails to keep on continuing to exercise the faith could potentially lose out on the prospect of living forever. The Bible identifies the fact that “God” is the primary source of salvation, often referring to him as our savior. It also states that not everyone can be saved and not everyone can gain salvation.
Being saved by God is not the same as being rescued at all. It’s not an aid that is given to the poor by the rich, gods salvation is prepared for the sake of saving humankind and is also overflowing with god’s love and mercy for the humans. It also states that you should put god’s words into everything that you do and practice them, you need to conduct yourself and do everything in accordance with his commandments and requirements. It states that this can be a way of gaining salvation.
There are have many ways to gain salvation but following god’s word and being a pure and honest individual seems to be the way to earn eternal salvation.
Let us know your prayer requests and we will make sure that we will you and your dear ones in our everyday prayers.